Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Only Pleasure

The latest book I've read is Lora Leigh's "Only Pleasure".  This book was published several years ago in 2008.   However, I've just gotten around to reading it and I fully understand why it's taken me so long to read this book.  Normally, I love anything that Lora Leigh writes. She has the ability to make you emotionally connect to the characters.  She just draws you into her novels and she did this time except I didn't keep reading because I just had to know what happened. I kept reading because I was too stubborn to stop until the book was finished.  I thought the male character was very self-centered.  He couldn't make up his mind what he wanted.  Plus, I was halfway through the book before the characters started connecting with each other.  This book is considered an erotic romance.  But what I consider it is a tasteless romance that concentrates too much on sex sharing and not enough on developing the relationship between the main characters.  Don't get me wrong a good romance novel usually has a decent amount of sex in it.  However, that sex is generally with one other person not two.  This novel just does not appeal to my particular taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment